Position Type: Intern
Term: Spring Semester 2019
Director / Manager: This role reports to the Marketing Director
Company Info: SweatNET exists to make healthy lifestyles more affordable and accessible for our local communities. SweatNET is a FREE informational platform launched in 2018 to connect prospective clients to fitness studios, health related businesses, ambassadors and activities around Charlotte. Members can subscribe to SweatNET for additional benefits such as free workouts, meal plans, meditations, events, and prizes along with discounted rates to in-network businesses.
Overview: This position will offer interns extensive insight into the field of boutique fitness and wellness studios while providing an environment of motivation, fulfillment, and learning. Students will apply the skills and knowledge they have acquired in the classroom to real working relationships with SweatNET studio partners and clients.
Ideal Intern: SweatNET is seeking an intern with an interest in both physical exercise science along with the business practice of marketing within this industry. The experience available to an individual joining the SweatNET team would be directly related to developing, fostering, promoting and interacting with the SweatNET partner studios on the SweatNET platform. Nearly every modality within fitness is featured on the SweatNET platform and will be accessible to the team members interaction. The intern will work directly with the studio or ambassador partner to gain a better understanding of their individual fitness modality, business systems, local engagement, and employ resources and systems to promote this business to potential clients.
It is important to note, that while SweatNET is broadly involved in the majority of Charlotte fitness and health modalities, it in itself does not employ any form of direct education to the selected intern related to human physiology. The interns primary direct learning and application will be from the business and marketing aspects within the health, wellness, sports and fitness industries.
- Assist Marketing Director with inbound/outbound marketing campaigns
- Design/create printed marketing materials for promotions & events
- Create digital content for website and social media
- Assist the Marketing Director in planning, implementation, execution at SweatNET events
- Learn high-quality customer service skills
- Build connections at over 200 health & wellness businesses/studios around Charlotte
- Learn how to apply marketing in a corporate setting
- Complete a project specified by your Internship Coordinator
- Update and maintain an accurate events calendar on the website
- Learn basic photography/videography skills
- Willing and able to complete 60 minute exercises and give valuable feedback on camera and in written form.
- Become generally educated on the various forms of fitness modalities.