Soup season is upon us! ……Even though it’s still pretty warm here in NC, I’m rolling with it. I’m a big fan of this soup – very hearty, warming, and easily protein-rich if you just throw some shredded chicken in there. Better yet, whip this up in your pressure cooker for a no-nonsense, nutrient-rich meal. If you don’t have an instant pot, just cook it all up in a big pot and let it simmer for about 45 minutes before blending.
- 1 (24 oz) bag of cut and peeled baby carrots
- 1 (12 oz) bag of cauliflower florets
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken both
- 1/4 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos, tamari, or gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional – if you don’t have this ingredient it will still be good)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- To garnish: a few shakes of dried cilantro and paprika
- Place all ingredients in your Instant Pot. Set it manually to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let the heat naturally release for at least 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, stick it straight in the pot and puree! You can also transfer the soup to a blender, I just prefer the immersion blender so I only have to clean one pot.
- Garnish with additional spices, fresh herbs, chopped peanuts…whatever you want!
SOURCE: Bacon and Squats
For more of Finley Amato’s recipes click here.